Why study in Australia ?
- Australia is setting international standards for excellence in education – the education providers have re-engineered their approach to teaching and learning to inspire thought and creativity in every discipline aligning with the global demand for entrepreneurial and innovative thinkers.
- Australian universities, colleges, and schools teaches practical skills along with theoretical knowledge needed to help students succeed in fast-changing world. The Australian education sector comprises world-leading education institutions, premium training facilities, and outstanding lecturers and student support services
Gain Work Experience While Studying
- Many Australian degree and vocational courses include work experience program and internships so students can gain hands-on industry experience and expand their professional network while studying. Upon completion of their degree, students may also be eligible to stay and work in Australia.
- Students can work up to 20 hours per week during the semester, while studying, and full-time during semester break. This can be a good way to either find a study related work or simply pay for your lifestyle in Australia.
- Australia’s Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS ACT) framework enforces the best practice protection for the rights of international students studying in Australia. In several cities and towns, there are dedicated international student support centres, each offering practical advice and support on issues like legal rights, job skills and social opportunities.
World-class Education in Australia
- Australia is home to 43 universities with at least one university main campus based in each state or territory. Australian institutions are consistently ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. With more than 1,100 institutions and 22,000 courses to choose from, across every discipline and at every level.
- Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) allows students to easily move through the system while providing student visa in Australia in an easy way for countries to recognise the qualification issuing a comparable local qualification.
Australia offers extensive scholarship programs offered by Department of Foreign Affairs (DFAT), the Department of Education and Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research (ACIAR). The Destination Australia Program, is a new mobility program for domestic and international students to study in regional Australia. Over 1000 scholarship will be available in each year to support students at regional campus locations in qualification from a certification IV level and above.
Universities and Higher Education
There are three main types of higher education which lead to Bachelor, Master, and Doctoral Degrees. Australian institutions offer a wide range of courses in Australia for international students – from science to management and commerce, humanities to engineering, and law to health sciences. Australian institutions rank among the world’s best by discipline, particularly in engineering and technology, medicine, environmental science, and accounting and finance.
Field Of Study
- Business management and Commerce
- Education and Training
- Agriculture and Environment Science
- Information Technology (IT)
- Medicine, Nursing and Allied Health
Australian Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualification is based on partnership between government and industry. VET qualifications are provided by government institutions, called Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions, as well as private institutions. Many of our VET courses incorporate a period of on-site learning providing industry experience in a genuine work environment. Qualifications range across four levels of certificates (Certificate I, II, III and IV), as well as Diploma courses and Advanced Diploma courses.
To study in Australia cost varies for different types of qualification, the below list gives a broad indication for some courses (in AUD).
- English language studies – Around $300 per week depending on course length
- Vocational Education and Training (Certificates I to IV, Diploma and Advanced Diploma) – $4,000 to $22,000
- Undergraduate Bachelor Degree – $20,000 to $45,000*
- Postgraduate Master’s Degree – $22,000 to $50,000*
- Doctoral Degree – $18,000 to $42,000*
Note: This does not include high cost of delivery courses such as veterinary and medical.
Living Cost in Australia
The Department of Home Affairs has financial requirements the students must meet in order to receive a student visa for Australia. Students will be required to provide evidence of their financial capacity to show enough money to cover costs and expense of travel and stay.
As of October 2019 the 12-month living costs are estimated to be;
- For students or guardians – AUD$21,041
- For partners coming along – AUD$7,362
- For a child coming along – AUD$3,152
Tuition Protection Service
The Tuition Protection Service (TPS) is an initiative of the Australian Government to assist international students and eligible domestic students accessing a VET Student Loan (VSL), FEE-HELP or HECS-HELP (HELP) loan, whose education providers are unable to fully deliver their course of study. The TPS ensures that these students are able to either:along – AUD$3,152
- complete their studies in another course or with another education provider or
- receive a refund of their unspent tuition fees (international students) or a re-credit of their loan for open units of study (VSL and HELP).