This beautiful hotel group is looking for a couple of CDPs in the Bakery & Patissier section
Each of their hotels is unique, individual, and quirky in personality. Quality is fundamental to everything they do, and it is the simple things that matter. They believe everyone should feel included, special and welcome, and that applies to their team and their guests.
Overall Purpose of the role.
- Responsible for producing the highest quality fine dining food and overall experience for their customers whilst ensuring all Food Safety and Quality Management standards are adhered to.
- Working as a key team member within the function and always demonstrating a professional approach to work.
- Responsible for producing the highest quality food for the customers whilst working to the food specifications as detailed and provided by the Company.
- Ensuring the safe handling and storing of food items to prevent the spread of germs and diseases in the kitchen.
- To ensure health & safety and Food hygiene standards are observed and always maintained.
- Conduct task as requested by the head chef, sous chef or management team member.
- Ordering and shopping for products as required.
- Always ensure the highest level of customer service ensuring a professional approach within the kitchen.
- Ensuring efficiency in food preparation whilst maintaining quality standards.
- Adhere to standards, guidelines, legislation and procedures set out to ensure the safety and wellbeing to all clients and colleagues.
- Ensured clothing and appearance is always clean and tidy. Chef ‘whites’ to be worn and appropriate PPE (shoes and apron).
- Provide evidence of qualification or certification as required.
- Present self in a positive, professional manner always.
- Complete tasks relating to stock control as requested.
- Conduct any reasonable request as directed by the Kitchen Management, Head Chef and Sous Chef or by a member of the management team.
- A proficient level of English language.
- Comfortable accessing computer systems.
- Initiative-taking, dependable, ability to use initiative and work well under a degree of pressure.
- Food safety/Food hygiene qualification essential
- Requirement: 3 years of reference check plus clean Police clearance certificate
To say thank you, the company offers many benefits:
- SERVICE CHARGE is paid to the team each month! This service charge all goes into one pot, and 100% of that service charge is then shared amongst all the team at the hotel. Every penny received is paid out to the team. Service charge can be in the region of £275-£325 a month (close to £4000 per year) over and above base pay for a full-time employee.
- The hotel offers a relaxed, fun yet professional environment to work in and is open Wednesday to Sunday each week- which means for most employees they are guaranteed Monday and Tuesday off each week (don't worry you can get some weekend time off as well- the management will chat with you about it).
- Competitive pay – The company is proud that everyone who joins the family gets rewarded a rate of pay above the National Living Wage, irrespective of age, plus you get tips on top.
- Treat yourself occasionally with lots of retail and hospitality benefits through our Perkbox platform.
- Excellent discounts across our family of hotels – you will be entitled to 25% off food & beverage in our hotels plus we offer an amazing staff rate of £25 B&B per person across the group & your friends and family get special rates too.
- We understand it is OK not to be OK, so we offer an externally run confidential helpline for any support you require about anything you might need as part of our Employee Assistance Programme.
- We sustain you physically too, meals when you are on duty are free.
- Everyone can learn and develop – our ‘Family First’ development pathways are unique to us and are the best in the business.
- We provide lots of opportunity to progress and move up – we have made hundreds of internal promotions, including to General Manager level.
- We like to say a special thank you for every year you are with us – our milestone awards include Champagne, afternoon tea, or dinner for you and someone special. When you reach the big milestones, you receive extra special gifts on top like longer hotel stays, extra days off and a unique gift especially chosen for you.
Wages: £28828 / year