As a Junior Solicitor specializing in immigration law, you will play a crucial role in assisting clients with their immigration needs
Designation – Immigration Solicitor
Qualification: Law Degree, OISC Level 1 & Strong knowledge of immigration laws, regulations, and procedures
Position – Permanent
Salary – Negotiable
Location – Remote
Experience Required – more than 3 years
- Client Consultations: Meeting with clients to assess their immigration needs, understand their situation, and provide legal advice.
- Application Preparation: Assisting clients in preparing and filing immigration applications, such as visa applications, work permits, and residency permits.
- Legal Research: Staying updated on immigration laws and regulations, and conducting legal research to support clients’ cases.
- Document Review: Reviewing and verifying the accuracy of clients’ documentation to ensure compliance with immigration requirements
- Compliance: Advising clients on compliance with immigration laws, including employer compliance with hiring foreign workers. Ensure compliance with all immigration laws, regulations, and ethical standards.
- Problem Solving: Finding creative solutions to immigration challenges and obstacles that clients may encounter.
- Citizenship and Asylum: Handling cases related to citizenship applications
- Advocacy: Advocating for clients’ rights and interests in immigration matters, and negotiating with immigration authorities on their behalf.
- Keeping Records: Maintaining detailed records of client interactions, case progress, and documentation.
- Communication: Communicating with government agencies, clients, and other legal professionals involved in immigration cases.
- Continuing Education: Staying current with changes in immigration laws and regulations through ongoing legal education.
- Ethical Conduct: Adhering to ethical standards and ensuring client confidentiality.
- Multilingual Skills: Depending on the client base, having proficiency in multiple languages can be an asset.
- Professional Development: Stay informed about emerging trends and best practices in immigration law.