Job created on 01.06.2022
Full Time Position
Benefits : Excellent salary + Incentives
Sector : Healthcare,IT & Engineering,Finance
Bid managers are responsible for creating and overseeing a bid – a detailed, costed, persuasive proposal – on behalf of the organisation to gain a business contract or offer of work from an other.
At RSR Global, the bid manager role will be a stand-alone position supported by the Directors and Senior advisors and it will involve undertaking the entire bidding process. As we progress ,we will work and develop the department with multiple roles and positions.
The Responsibility Includes:
- Identifying opportunities on which to submit bids and feeding into the decision over whether to bid for the work
- Devising a successful strategy for winning a bid, including pinpointing the unique selling points (key differentiators) of the organisations
- To know company’s operating and profit margins and understanding the clients’ specific requirements (the client in this case is the organisations that is offering the work).
- Researching, writing and/or checking proposals.
- Working with key members of the project team and the client organisations to obtain the information required to compile the bid.
- Assessing and addressing the technical and commercial risks relating to the bid they are working on.
- Managing budgets or, at a more junior level, tracking costs
- Negotiating with specialist suppliers and/or subcontractors
- Researching current and future market trends
- Responding to clients’ and other stakeholders’ queries before, during and after the bid has been submitted
- Overseeing the team during the bid process and making sure deadlines are met
- If the bid is successful, briefing the teams who will carry out the project work.
Qualifications and training required
Graduate / degree in business or management (commercial awareness and a knowledge of business principles is important for the role).
English literature or English language (as good written communication skills are essential)Creative and innovative thinking, problem-solving skills
Relationship-building and influencing skills