Main Job Purpose
Key Role Responsibilities
- To support Care Workers in the practical support provided to services users.
- To assess and sign off new Care Workers shadowing rotas.
- To read, fully understand and adhere to each Service Users Care plan and risk assessment.
- Assist with the physical care of service users by helping with:
- General mobility
- Dressing and undressing
- Personal care hygiene, bathing of eyes, mouth, hair and nails
- Care of skin and pressure areas
- Continence management
- Preparing, serving and assisting feeding of meals and drinks
- Escorting service users in preparation and support in going out to do daily activities. Walking, shopping, hair dressing appointments etc.
- To record accurate, concise and timely records of service user care, medication, financial, wound pressure or dietary charts, concern forms, communications logs and accident forms to update the Company database.
- To report to Senior Care Assistant or Team Leader on any aspects of service user care which you feel warrants investigation or urgent attention.
- To follow emergency procedures and escalate any issues arising immediately.
- To undertake risk assessments in the service users environment
- To work flexibly to meet the needs of the service user, including participation in the Out of Hours Duty System.
- Participate in appropriate training, including NVQ3 and attend staff meetings as requested by your manager.
- Relate to, and interact with the service users. Receive and pass on messages and information.
- To comply with the Care Quality Commission and Company policies and procedures
- Contribute to the effectiveness of your team.
- Contribute to staff development and identification of training needs of Care Workers.
WAGES: £20480 , Benefits