Restaurant General Manager
We are looking for a Restaurant General Manager with care and passion to join our Food and Beverage Team. Our Michelin-starred chef is soon to announce the launch of his latest destination restaurant & bar in the beautiful county of Devon on a fabulous beachfront location a short distance from the coastal town of Exmouth. The relaxed and comfortable interior will be underpinned by friendly yet knowledgeable service and the kitchen team will deliver a seasonally changing menu that will feature carefully selected local produce where possible with. The food is simply but skilfully prepared using the finest ingredients available to reward customers with a memorable dining experience. The bar and wine list will have a well-chosen selection from some of the best producers from both home and abroad to complement Michael’s cuisine. As a restaurant & bar destination, the ideal candidate will be customer service focused and have strong brand standards as well as being a real host who is committed to quality and hospitality.
Restaurant General Manager Benefits:
- This position comes with a competitive pay package
- Pension contribution
- A share of the gratuities monthly
- Staff discounts
- 28 days holiday per year
- Free staff meals when on duty
What do we want in our Restaurant General Manager?
- Taking ownership and responsibility for all areas throughout the business – Restaurant, Kitchen, Operations, Maintenance, as well as safeguarding the property through its Health and Safety policy.
- Be self-motivated, well organised and can keep up to date with administrative tasks
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have proven similar industry experience
- Maintain a positive and flexible attitude and work to the highest standards at all times
- To ensure that opportunities for business growth, marketing and sales are identified, delivered and managed.
- The ability to support, train and continuously assess all members of the front-of-house Team
- To ensure that all licenses required are in place, including Premises licence, DPS Status, PPL license, Wedding licence and and that the business is compliant with trading standards.
Restaurant General Manager Requirements:
- Interact with guests in a professional, friendly and confident manner
- To ensure Standards of Service are consistently achieved
- Work with and manage the Head Chef to ensure that they carry out their respective role correctly and lead their team in a manner befitting to the company’s standards
- Manage the day to day business ensuring that all end of sessions, day, week and month procedures are adhered to.
- To have a full understanding of the Restaurant & Bar’s operating systems – Quadranet epos / reservations – Shield Yourself (H&S support, compliance diaries, compliance centre, kitchen safety audits, helpline) – Fourth Hospitality – modules for payroll / HR / staff rota.
- To demonstrate a good understanding of budget, forecast, payroll and cost control.
- To ensure that the company Purchase Order procedure is adhered to at all times, monitor receipt and checking of invoices, forwarding them to Accounts in a timely manner.
- To manage and control the H&S policy and procedures in line with legislation, statutory and contractual obligations and ensure employees are satisfactorily trained
- To regularly review supplier’s standards, commodities and prices to ensure the business receives best value and practices available within the market place
- Control the management of beverage stock so that waste is kept to a minimum
- To be the point of contact between the customer and the Head Chef always during service periods
- Assist your colleagues, whenever and wherever possible, promoting excellent teamwork and exceeding guest expectations
- To effectively manage the staff rota system in line with business objectives
- To manage the recruitment and selection of suitably qualified and experienced employees ensuring that the staff budget is not exceeded
- To ensure that the HR documentation procedures are followed in line with the HR Operating Procedures and HR Dept guidance.
- To work with Group members to ensure the efficient running of the property
- Competent in the use of Outlook, Word and Excel
- Competent in the use of tools available such as Social Media to maximise sales
In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As part of the recruitment process, you will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility