Prosthodontists specialize in replacing missing teeth and associated oral structures by determining the type of dental prostheses required, having customized dental prostheses manufactured, and fitting them in patients’ mouths. They also treat temporomandibular disorders and various issues associated with damaged and problematic teeth.
Prosthodontist Job Description
We are looking to hire an enthusiastic and experienced prosthodontist to examine patients and restore missing, damaged, or discolored teeth. The prosthodontist’s responsibilities include identifying and treating the root cause of oral deterioration, repairing patients' dentures, as well as treating facial pains and temporomandibular disorders. You should also be able to advise patients on sound oral hygiene practices.
To be successful as a prosthodontist, you should be detail-oriented, patient, and able to handle difficult situations. Ultimately, an exceptional prosthodontist should demonstrate outstanding communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to ensure that patients receive the highest standard of prosthodontic care possible.
- Examining patients using X-rays and dental instruments to determine the type of dental prostheses required.
- Consulting with patients to discuss their dental concerns and medical histories.
- Taking impressions of patients' jaws and teeth to determine the dimensions of the dental prostheses to be fabricated.
- Sending wax models of dental prostheses to the laboratory for fabrication.
- Fitting newly-fabricated dental prostheses in patients' mouths and assessing whether adjustments are required.
- Performing teeth whitening procedures to treat extrinsic tooth discoloration.
- Using bonding procedures to repair cracks and chips, fill small gaps between the teeth, and alter the size of teeth.
- Collaborating with dental and healthcare specialists to develop suitable treatment plans for patients.
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Medicine in Dentistry (DMD)
- Must have qualification from Accredited Dental School in country of Qualification
- Appropriate state licensure.
- Certified by the Board of Prosthodontics—in country of Qualification
- Proven experience working as a prosthodontist.
- Sound knowledge of fixed and removable prosthodontics.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills including English proficiency qualification
- Good hand-eye coordination.
- 10+ years’ experience of hands-on training
- Excellent professional references
- Must be able to commit to work for a minimum of 3 years
- Wages: $5000 – $7000 per calendar month. (More for deserving candidates)
- Company to assist and share cost towards registration with Medical & Dental Council & relocation cost.
- 2 months free accommodation and rental car