Pastry Chef de Partie Job Description
A Relais Chateaux and Pride of Britain five-star hotel, with 50 rooms and banqueting space to serve up to 120 people.
Salary – £26,000
Hours – 48 per week, working 5 days a week, split shifts and straight shifts
As a Pastry Chef de Partie you will work with Nicolas Bouhelier a renowned pastry chef of over 20 years’ experience.
Nick has worked in some of the best pastry kitchens of Europe including the 2 Michelin Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons, as well as representing the UK in international pastry competitions. You will be assisted by a Demi Chef de Partie, Commis Chef or Apprentices you will report to Nicolas.
You will have needed previous proven experience in similar establishments and understand what it is to be an hotel chef. Nicolas is looking for someone with an eye for detail and a willingness too learn and progress. You will be joining a team of driven hard working chefs all pushing towards producing the best possible cuisine whilst having fun doing it.
- Runs a section ensuring high standards are maintained at all times
- Sets an example to junior chefs in the kitchen
- Managing and training any demi-chef de parties, commis or apprentices working with you
- Helping the sous chef and head chef in the smooth running of the kitchen
- Ensuring you and your team have high standards of food hygiene and follow the rules of health and safety
- Monitoring portion and waste control to maintain profit margins
- Ordering for the section
- Involved with menu development, inputting of ideas and systems of work and methods
- Ensure your own training on Flow is kept up to date
- Generous Service Charge Scheme
- 50% internal discounts on accommodation, food, beverage, spa and wine
- Relais and Chateaux employee discounts
- UK Pride of Britain employee discount
- Skills and Career Development opportunities
- Employee recognition rewards
- New employee referral scheme
- Ongoing training
- Holiday allowance starting at 28 days (including bank holidays)
- Perkbox (a range of offers and discounts including high street retail, uber, mobile phone insurance, health plans etc)
- Early pay (be able to access a portion of your salary early)