Main Job Purpose
To provide personal care and practical support for service users to enable them to lead as independent a lifestyle as possible, within a designated area on a day-to-day basis. This care service will involve a programme of personal care and household management that is personalised for each service user in the form of a Care Plan. Care duties will therefore include assisting the service user with the following activities and in so doing will at all times observe safe working practices, respecting the service users’ dignity, privacy and independence as far as practical.
Key Role Responsibilities
- To support Care Workers in the practical support provided to service users.
- To assess and sign off new Care Workers shadowing rotas.
- To read, fully understand and adhere to each Service Users Care plan and risk assessment.
- Assist with the physical care of service users by helping with:
- General mobility
- Dressing and undressing
- Personal care hygiene, bathing of eyes, mouth, hair and nails
- Care of skin and pressure areas
- Continence management
- Preparing, serving and assisting with the feeding of meals and drinks
- Escorting service users in preparation and support in going out to do daily activities. Walking, shopping, hair-dressing appointments etc.
- To record accurate, concise and timely records of service user care, medication, financial, wound pressure or dietary charts, concern forms, communications logs and accident forms to update the Company database.
- To report to Senior Care Assistant or Team Leader on any aspects of service user care which you feel warrant investigation or urgent attention.
- Follow emergency procedures and escalate any issues arising immediately.
- To undertake risk assessments in the service users' environment
- To work flexibly to meet the needs of the service user, including participation in the Out of Hours Duty System.
- Participate in appropriate training, including NVQ3 and attend staff meetings as requested by your manager.
- Relate to, and interact with the service users. Receive and pass on messages and information.
- To comply with the Care Quality Commission and Company policies and procedures
- Contribute to the effectiveness of your team.
- Contribute to staff development and identification of training needs of Care Workers.
WAGES: £21000 , Benefits
There are no Requirements filters