Job Title: Senior Care Worker Reports to: Senior Carer/Care Coordinator
Salary: £20,480 per-year
We are looking for dedicated Senior Care Workers to join our team on a full-time basis. Our senior care workers will routinely monitor care workers, care assistants and other supporting staff whilst also directly attending to personal needs of service users We are seeking friendly, candidates with genuine compassion for providing care services whilst maintaining a positive attitude and self- motivation. As these roles involve a lot of leadership, we expect exceptional managerial, multitasking, communication and team leadership skills. Proven experience in working with clients, in either a paid or voluntary capacity, is desirable for this role. Full PPE will be provided in compliance with COVID 19 regulations.
- Supervising and overseeing care workers
- Managing and scheduling the rota, shift patterns and work plans as well as proactively arranging urgent cover requirements
- Guiding care workers on health & safety as well as managing emergencies provide in accordance with best practice and legislative requirements, reflecting policies and procedures and agreed standards under the direction of the Senior Carer/Care Coordinator
- Supporting and enabling Service Users to maintain skills and personal interests whilst delivering person- centred care unique to everyone.
- Providing support to the registered manager with day-to-day running of the services
- Maintaining skills at a current level, undertaking such training and development as required from time-to-time to maintain and progress knowledge.
- Liaising with local community organisations and maintaining good relationships with stakeholders
- Preparing reports related to the progress of clients and recommending adjustments to care plans
- Managing budgets and ensuring financial effectiveness of medical care settings
- Carrying out supervision, reviews, assessments and on-spot checks
- Training, inducting and onboarding new employees and junior care workers to the working practice and systems in place
- Assistance with other daily activities such as letter writing, accompany clients to appointments. More-so, ensuring that the care workers you supervise and oversea comply with the set protocols and plans in place for such.
- Assisting clients with personal care tasks, such as washing, meal preparation, dressing, eating (feeding and serving meals at table or in bed if required), grooming and toileting.
- Inspection, assembly and maintenance of mobility equipment.
- Performing housekeeping tasks such as dusting, vacuuming and hanging bed clothes
- Assisting in the safe lifting, transferring, repositioning and movement of clients
Location: At SLRH Lodge Residential Home, but you may be required to work from other locations at the discretion of the home and with appropriate notice.
Working Hours: 5 days over 7-day period, with varying shift patterns as agreed with the manager. However, your contract will be for a minimum of 37.5 hours per week and there will be abundant extra hours.
Holiday: 28 days holiday (including bank holiday) per year paid on a pro-rata basis
Working with Others:
- To develop effective working relationships with other employees within SLRH Lodge Residential Home.
- To work in cooperation with members of the multi-disciplinary teams to enhance opportunities for Service Users. If desired by the Service User, maintain and develop relationships with family, friends, and other people important in their life.
Leading by Example:
- To seek opportunities for personal and professional development
- To be a role model for other carers and be an ambassador for the service.
- To be professional, polite, and reasonable always. Personal Responsibilities: Knowledge of, and work within the Fundamental
- Understanding the regulatory framework that governs the service, including the role of CQC and their requirements.
- Commit to achieving the relevant qualifications commensurate with the role.
- Attend statutory training and any other training as directed by management.
- Understand and follow all policies and procedures relevant to the role and be open to learning opportunities.
Qualifications and Skills: (One of the qualifications below + English)
- Level 2 First Aid Certificate.
- Level 1 Community Health.
- Level 3 Nurse Aid or Level 3 Health and Social Care NVQ.
- Care Certificate.
- English proficiency to pass the Home Office eligibility.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks safely and efficiently
- Clear, precise and effective communication skills
- Adaptable and quick to learn policies and procedures
- Exceptional verbal and non-verbal (through gestures and body language/interpersonal) communication skills
- Work experience in the Healthcare sector is essential.
Pay the Home Office healthcare surcharge – this is usually £624 per year.
Support yourself when you arrive in the UK – you’ll usually need to have at least £1,270 available (unless you’re exempt). Pay the Home Office application fee Benefits of the Senior Care Worker
- Competitive PAY RATES!
- Free Training
- 28 days of annual paid holiday per year on a pro-rata basis
- Flexible Working Hours
- Monthly Payroll
- Company pension scheme (auto-enrolment)
Kindly note, that a partial resettlement package covering flight and visa application expenses, as well as accommodation support for 1 month may be provided to applicants with outstanding qualifications and experience. These applications will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.