- This 4-star hotel part of a small independent group with a superb location close to Gloucester are recruiting for a Head Chef to join their team.
- The hotel has a rosette 100 cover restaurant offering a high standard of food and service using fresh and when possible local produce as well as C&B for up to 250 guests and is a popular hotel for various events, functions as well as weddings with approximately 70 + per year and also has good corporate clients in the area.
- The hotel offers a bespoke guest experience in the 50 + bedrooms as well as it being a popular choice with the local areas residents and as well offers a traditional afternoon tea.
- The hotel is at present looking for the right Head Chef to come on-board and to be able to implement a more contemporary menu with the focus being on more up market Brasserie rather than hotel restaurant.
- As such you will have the skills and ability to work with the hotel management team to create and develop and influence the future direction of the hotel’s restaurant as well as for functions, events etc.
- The role is a hands on position, you will be working with the kitchen brigade and to assist, support and offer ongoing training and development to each member of the team.
- Involvement in all aspects of the kitchen which will include dealing with suppliers and ensuring you are getting the best produce, also working to achieve the agreed targets which includes Food GP, wage costs and the general hygiene and legal areas of the kitchen.
- Reporting direct to the General Manager this role will suit an individual looking for a new challenge and to be able to drive and develop the food offering.
- Wages: £45000, Bonus, Service Charge and Benefits and live in is also available.