A beautiful 4 star hotel and spa set in the glorious Gloucestershire countryside is recruiting a Senior Chef de Partie to expand the professional and friendly kitchen team.
- As well as a 1 rosette restaurant for leisure guests, the hotel runs many functions and events in its large private dining spaces and operates a spa cafe.
- Working hours generally shift up to 10 hours with the occasional split shifts, 5 days on 2 days off. Any additional days worked are paid on a day rate or offered back as lieu time.
- As Chef de Partie you will be expected to run a specific section in the kitchen, and report to the Sous Chef. The role is made up of many varying responsibilities including:
- Preparing, cooking, and presenting high quality dishes within the section.
- Assisting the Head Chef and Sous Chef in creating menu items, recipes and developing dishes.
- Preparing meat and fish.
- Assisting with the management of health and safety.
- Assisting with the management of food hygiene practices.
- Managing and training any Commis Chefs.
- Monitoring portion and waste control.
- Overseeing the maintenance of kitchen and food safety standards.
The ideal candidate will have had at least two years experience as a Chef de Partie.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £25.5k to 28k
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
- Live in available either on site or in a local staff house ( £75 per week to include all bills and meals on duty )
- 5 days over 7, 10 hour shifts
- Supplemental pay types: Share of tronc after three months completed service