Food and Beverage Manager
- £34,000 per annum
- 40 hours per week
- Pension scheme
- Discounted bedroom rates within the group
- Access to a wide range of Learning & Development opportunities
- Ability to train across various sectors.
The Hotel and conference centre set in a peaceful location on the outskirts of Oxford, yet within easy access to key road, rail and airport networks. Ideally suited for a relaxing stay or events, training courses and conferencing, our quiet, suburban location provides delegates with an environment conducive to learning.
With over 20 meeting rooms and 114 bedrooms, Restaurant & Bar, we also have fantastic onsite leisure club.
The hotel offers a flexible and adaptable approach to our client’s business needs and can accommodate up to 150 delegates in our main event space.
More about the role:
- Be fully competent in the use of all IT systems associated with your department
- Ensure that yourself and your team are fully aware of all venue’s facilities and events
- Take responsibility for Profit Protection manual actions relating each department.
- Ensure the department SOP is up to date and is monitored for 100% compliance.
- Proactively manage the work of the team, allocating special duties and responsibilities
- Have overall responsibility for planning, organising and control of the day-to-day operation of the department
- Handle guest queries and feedback, taking appropriate action to ensure full resolution.
- Develop and maintain a high level of guest care with the emphasis on guest interaction
- Attend any meeting as requested by the management.
- Ensure effective communication between each department.
- React promptly to any issued identified for maintenance and add into Opera
- Adhere to departmental SOP compliance.
- Maintain colleague discipline and grievance procedures in accordance with our policies.
- Take ownership for all Health and Safety as they arise.
- Be aware of all legislation that is relevant to your work and ensure that all legal requirements are met, including: licensing, Health and Safety at Work, COSHH, Environmental Health, Fire Precautions, Manual Handling, Wellbeing and Risk Assessments
- Support the overall goals of the business.
- Ambassador to our venue and brand you will lead by example, give clear instructions, and maintain good guest relations to both internal and extremal customers.
- Play an active role in highlighting sales opportunities through interaction with our guest.
Who you are:
- Proven previous experience.
- A problem solver
- Ability to forecast how much food is needed
- Ability to delegate tasks.
- Great leadership abilities
- Deep knowledge of the food industry
- Customer focused.
- Ability to adapt.
What you'll be doing:
Reporting to the Operations Manager you will be responsible for the planning, organising and operation of the F&B function within the hotel.
You will be responsible for ensuring that all of the food and drinks are of the highest quality. A few of your main duties as our Food and Beverage Manager are handling customer complaints, and complying with food and safety regulations.
You will also have to prepare reports on how the F&B function is performing.