JOB DESCRIPTION POSITION: Chef de Partie
REPORTING TO: Head Chef / Sous Chef
PURPOSE OF ROLE
To manage an efficient and profitable section within the kitchen, and maintain the correct staffing levels to ensure that our food and service is of the highest quality and consistently served. To produce high quality seasonal dishes, whilst achieving agreed targets of profit, revenue and guest satisfaction through effective management, employee assessment and continuous training in line with the companies brand strategy and business objectives.
You will need to be focused, motivated and well organised as well as being passionate about the industry. You will have good communication and management skills, and a clear understanding of what your HOD expects. You will be responsible for your section and the individuals that work within it. You will need to be focused and have the ability to work as part of a team, whilst also demonstrating good leadership skills. You will be expected to provide support to your HOD, and possess a positive and flexible attitude towards your working environment.
STAFF MANAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT
To ensure a consistent high standard of performance from staff which demonstrates good teamwork, effective communication, consistent positive results and continuous improvement. Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• To ensure support, training and continuous assessment is provided to all members of your section • To ensure the minimum acceptable levels of staff performance and conduct are consistently achieved
• To motivate employees to acceptable standards conducive to a high level of achievement and performance
GUEST SERVICE & SATISFACTION
To assist in achieving 100% guest satisfaction whilst assuring the achievement of profitability targets. To ensure that your department staff are focused on putting the guest first and that the companies standards of service are met and exceeded daily. Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• To ensure company standards & order of service are delivered at all times, auditing and monitoring regularly.
To assist in the departmental service performance ensuring all food and associated service delivery meets the required standards. Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• To ensure that Service Standards are in line with company brand strategy and business objectives. • To ensure service standards are adhered to through regular assessment and training
• To ensure Standards of Service are consistently achieved
• Ensure temperatures are taken in accordance with Food Policy
• To communicate effectively with food service departments Safety, security and environment To ensure the safety, security & welfare of guests, colleagues and business assets at all times, in line with the Company’s Health & Safety and Food Policies & Procedures. Key Tasks and Responsibilities • To be fully aware of all Health & Safety Policy and Procedures relevant to your role and department.
• To be fully aware of the Company’s Food Policy and Food Handlers responsibilities in line with legislation and contractual obligations.
• To comply with all statutory & legal requirements and work in accordance with these regulations.
• To identify and report all maintenance requirements and Health & Safety hazards within your area. • Correct protective clothing worn at all times in line with Health & Safety and Company guidelines
• To abide by the data protection act and treat all trade secrets and company and client information as confidential during and at any time after employment ceases with the company.
• To ensure that you do not divulge information, including through social media, about guests or discuss their stay with individuals other than Company employees.
• To ensure that all food commodities are received and stored correctly, temperature probed (if required) and used, or discarded, by the agreed date.
• To ensure that all store rooms, fridges, freezers etc are locked securely after each service.
• To ensure departmental employees are satisfactorily trained in all relevant H&S and Food Policies and procedures relevant to their role.
PROFIT & COST
To assist in ensuring the department meets cost and profit targets ensuring fixed and variable costs are effectively managed. Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• To ensure that wastage is kept to a minimum, by utilising commodities for use in alternative food service outlets
• To ensure the Company purchasing policy and authority levels are adhered to
ORDERING & STOCK TAKES
To ensure ordering and stock take procedures and systems are followed and completed in an accurate and timely manner. Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• To ensure stock within the business is managed to the agreed levels consistently and professionally, in conjunction with the Head Chef
• Assist in the management of stock so that waste is kept to a minimum
• Ensure monthly stock takes are done by the period end OTHER DUTIES
• To ensure your section and surrounding areas are clean and set up accordingly in line with company Standards.
• To ensure that all members of staff are correctly dressed in line with Health & Safety and Company guidelines.
• To ensure that all staff within your section are working in a safe manner complying with Company and legal requirements – ensuring risks to you and others are minimised.
• To ensure all menus and HOD’s are updated with daily specials.
• To ensure all staff breaks are taken whilst maintaining standards of service. • To adhere to the house rules
• The job will also include all other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time.
JOB DESCRIPTION – DECLARATION CHEF DE PARTIE I have read, and understand all issues covered in this job description, and will abide by the points outlined